The list of conditions that can be improved by adding medical marijuana to a patient’s treatment plan is growing by the day. What started in Florida as an option for only the most debilitating terminal pain and symptoms has now blossomed into a life-changing remedy for a variety of ailments! In this post, we list the medical conditions that the state of Florida has deemed as appropriate to be treated with medical marijuana.
According to the official statute, the only conditions approved for treatment with medical marijuana in Florida are:
- Positive status for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS)
- Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Crohn’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Medical conditions of the same kind or class as or comparable to those named above
- A terminal condition diagnosed by a physician other than the qualified physician issuing the certification for medical marijuana
- Chronic nonmalignant pain
As you can see, medical marijuana in Florida is reserved for conditions that cause significant pain and suffering. The last three items on the list allow for physicians’ discretion to prescribe medical marijuana for patients who may not have one of the aforementioned conditions but have similar debilitating symptoms that negatively affect their quality of life. As more research about the health benefits of medical marijuana emerges, plan to see more and more conditions added to this official list!
Medical Marijuana Treatment in Florida
If you or a loved one is suffering from any of the conditions named above, please contact Hakunah Matata as soon as possible at (239) 789-6561 or online today. Our physicians are ready to speak with you about how state-approved, 100% legal medical marijuana can bring you symptom relief and give you back control over your life!